1. What do you have to hide? There are plenty of things you might want to keep handy but not out there for all to see. Bookkeeping, cameras, MP3 players and private mail should all be tucked out of sight. Many storage ottomans conceal their seams so no one knows they open up, making for a discreet hideaway.
2. Storage ottomans often do double-duty as coffee tables. You're setting your pizza on it anyway, and a flip-top ottoman contains a secure table top or serving tray. When you're done, flip it back to its cushy soft side, now you can put your feet up and enjoy your after-pizza coma.
3. Like diamonds, a leather storage ottoman goes with everything. It picks up the style of chairs around it, from retro to modern. An ottoman gets lots of use, and leather grows more handsome the older it gets. You'll find lots of colors, like basic black, cushy cream and racy red.
4. Storage ottomans serve as a footstool, a card table, a party chair and a cocktail stand. An ottoman with swivel caster wheels rolls easily so you can move it where the fun is and never mar your hardwood floor or carpet.
5. Why have a big box and not fill it? Beautiful style requires a tidy room, and a storage ottoman lets you use its space to eat up all kinds of clutter. It's so much more than fashion. Now if they would just invent a storage couch.
6. Stuff it! Here are some great ideas for your storage ottoman: blankets for cozy TV watching, cocktail bottles and servingware, video games and consoles, your album collection, and favorite party games.
7. No room for a bar or serving station? Tuck your favorite liqueurs and glassware into a convertible storage ottoman. When friends come over, just pull out what you want and flip the ottoman top serving-side-up. Create a party without ever leaving the living room or den.
8. Hardwood floors and smooth walls can create a shrill, echo-y environment. A cushy fabric storage ottoman absorbs high and mid-frequency noise, restoring peace to your palace while making conversation easier. The latest microfiber ottomans are silky smooth and sleek.
9. A square ottoman looks smart in front of a barrel chair, and a round ottoman softens the look of otherwise angular furniture. Don't knock yourself out trying to match a storage ottoman to your chair. Consider a color, fabric or shape that contrasts your other furniture for a sassy, individualized look.
10. A fabric storage ottoman is small enough that you can get silly without being gaudy. Novelty ottomans with sports themes or animal prints add life and personality to a staid room without overtaking it.
Find more information in our Storage Ottomans Helpful Information section!